Sunday 13 February 2011

4 Elk (moose)

Woke up to -20C this morning and clear blue skies. As the day progressed the sun had some effect and the temperature rose to a barmy -10C although when in the sun it felt quite pleasant. In the garden were upto 15 Tree Sparrows, a couple of Blackbirds, a single Greenfinch and the regular Robin was showing frequently. I managed a brief trip upto Maridalen and the feeding station at Sandermosen. As I wound the window down I could hear Bullfinches calling and quickly realised there were also Hawfinches calling. They did not come down to feed but I could here at least 3 calling in the trees including one singing although I only saw one. Otherwise Willow and Coal Tits and a couple of Great Spotted Woodpeckers. On the way back a group of 4 Elk were crossing the lake in exactly the same place as I saw 4 Roe Deer last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment