Thursday 22 August 2013

Falsterbo calling


I had a couple of hours at Fornebu this morning where I turned up nothing new although yet again got to see the Water Rails (vannrikse). This time I saw three birds feeding along the edge of the reeds (two well and one just glimpsed) and a bird calling from the reedbed (could well have been the one I glimpsed or another) which matched the call of a begging youngster. I managed some distant pictures again but nothing to write home about. The Red-backed Shrikes (tornskate) showed well and there were also 30 odd Yellow Wagtails (gulerle) on the deck feeding.

Tomorrow I am off to the famous birding location of Falsterbo in southern Sweden for a combined meeting of the Nordic Rare Bird Committees. We will be sharing experiences, squeezing in some birding and learning from some interesting presentations including three from Mr. LARS SVENSSON himself – should be very very interesting!
Red-backed Shrike (tornskate)

Skylark (sanglerke) - it's not often I get a chance to photograph this species

Water Rail (vannrikse) - an adult


Whinchat (buskskvett)

No comments:

Post a Comment