Monday 11 November 2013

Dipping in on a Dipper


I walked up Mellomkollen today to see if I could nail down the Hazel Grouse (jerpe) and had great success on that count with birds at three sites. Getting pictures of them though will have to wait for another occasion. One bird did sit out in the open only 15 metres from me but as I went for the camera it whirred off. There was little else except for a few Wllow Tits (granmeis), Goldcrests (fuglekonge), Bullfinches (dompap), a single Black Grouse (orrfugl) and a single Dipper (fossekall) on a small and mostly frozen pond. Although it was quite dark this bird was relatively tame and allowed me some good photo opportunities.

In Maridalen there is still a Whooper Swan (sangsvane) on the lake and a flock of Redpolls (gråsisik) that I disturbed from the roadside in the car had at least one very good candidate for Arctic Redpoll (polarsisik) but I failed to get good enough views to confirm.
Dipper (fossekall)





No comments:

Post a Comment