Wednesday 4 March 2015

Maridalen in the sun

We had temperatures down to -7C overnight and fantastic blue skies this morning making for a crisp trip around Maridalen in fantastic light. I had pretty much promised Red Squirrels but was feeling a bit foolish after having failed to see them on my last three trips to Maridalen. Thy however had obviously heard my prayers and at least squirrels showed very well. Five moose also showed at close range at the feeding station until a local decided to also visit and then get out of his car and walk towards them for better pictures…! Two Roe Deer gave a trio of mammals and we saw the signs of beavers even if we did not see the animals.

Bird highlights were various tits, Yellowhammers, Siskins, Great Spotted Woodpeckers, Bullfinch and a flyover Whooper Swan. A Hawfinch sang constantly from within a high spruce tree but try as we may it failed to show.

I discovered that my memory card was still in my computer and even though Ian kindly let me borrow his spare my photo efforts today were limited to three pictures. Ian on the other hand has, I hope, got number of good shots the best of which may end up on his Flickr page.
Goldeneye (kvinand), Dipper (fossekall) and tree that has fallen victim to a beaver

Great Spotted Woodpeckers (flaggspett) were quite obvious today drumming and enjoying the sun
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete