Saturday 7 November 2015

Kingfisher video

Yesterday I went looking for  a Great Grey Owl (lappugle) reported near Ski (close to Oslo) last week. The lucky observer had offered to take me to the site and although we failed to find the owl I was introduced to an exciting area of forest and did flush a male Capercaille (strorfugl) for my efforts.

Here is a video of the Kingfisher from Thursday. Close to the start you can see it dropping a fish it has just caught. The video is taken at over 150m range with a tripod and using a 500mm lens with the inbuilt crop video function on the camera. I also tried filming with my mobile through the telescope but the quality was not as good (mainly due to me handholding the phone - use of an adaptor would have greatly improved matters).








No comments:

Post a Comment